[3dem] About symmetry expansion

Jay Rai jrai at fsu.edu
Sat Mar 19 09:45:13 PDT 2022

Hi folks,
I have a question regarding symmetry expansion in relion 4.
I have a map from relion auto refine using D3 symmetry and now I want to improve the quality of each subunit. Particles number lets 20000
I do not know if I did correctly or not. This is what I did.
I used run_data.star from 3d relion auto refine  and use relion_particle_symmetry_expand --i run_data.star --o expand.star --sym D3. The resulted particles number in expand.star is 120000. So what do I do next?
I'm bit confused here. Looking for an advice and any help is appreciated.
Best,
jay