[3dem] COSMIC2: A web platform for structural biology

Michael Cianfrocco mcianfro at umich.edu
Mon Jun 13 19:03:01 PDT 2022

Dear CCPEM & 3DEM communities,

I want to draw your attention to a freely available web platform I run with
a team of developers: COSMIC2 (cosmic-cryoem.org). COSMIC2 is an NSF-funded
project that enables users from all expertise levels to run jobs at the San
Diego Supercomputing Center Expanse Supercomputer.

The resource is *free for all academic users* and does not require any
setup - after authenticating with your chosen identity provider, you can
upload and submit jobs.

We support jobs related to single particle analysis (e.g., RELION,
cryoDRGN, ISAC), 3D volume modification (e.g., DeepEMhancer, LocSpiral),
and protein structure prediction (AlphaFold2, AlphaFold Multimer,
ColabFold).  To date, 622 users have submitted 4,305 jobs.

We welcome community feedback for tools to add to our gateway related to
cryo-EM or any structural biology tool. Please reach out at
cosmic2support at umich.edu.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael A. Cianfrocco, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Chemistry
Research Assistant Professor, Life Sciences Institute
University of Michigan
Pronouns: he, him, his