[3dem] Manual Cryo-plungers

Sylvain Trepout sylvain.trepout at monash.edu
Sun Jun 12 15:58:02 PDT 2022

Dear Guobin,

The Leica EM-CPC is a pretty good one.
It is a manual plunge-freezer but the liquid nitrogen refilling is
automatic (which allows you to focus more on the grid preparation).
Actually, I am surprised that the fully-automatic plungers do not have
this, even as an option, because this is so convenient.
You can also control the temperature quite accurately.
I used it for more than a decade and I was pretty happy with it.
I think this is a discontinued product, but you might be able to get one
second-hand since now everyone goes for fully-automated ones.

Regards,
Sylvain

PhD
Research Fellow - Microscopy Australia