[3dem] The AlphaFold Protein Structure Database now contains 214 *million* structures

Gerard Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jul 28 08:29:31 PDT 2022

Hi all,

For those of you who missed it, as of today, the AlphaFold Protein Structure
Database contains 214 million models predicted with AlphaFold, covering almost
all of UniProt.

So, if your favourite protein was not available in the database before today,
it's worth checking in again at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.alphafold.ebi.ac.uk/__;!!Mih3wA!ClYiCe1mbwRknUZCwHP9I_UZHhcE7qjjZudM3JMUpHuPoMWt8xWn8m5rLPVAVSbD-h7IDHYxakkqySyIWu-8dRJV$  now.

This resource is a collaboration between DeepMind and EMBL-EBI (Sameer
Velankar's team).

See also:

- EMBL-EBI press release: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/news/technology-and-innovation/alphafold-200-million/__;!!Mih3wA!ClYiCe1mbwRknUZCwHP9I_UZHhcE7qjjZudM3JMUpHuPoMWt8xWn8m5rLPVAVSbD-h7IDHYxakkqySyIWurWf3B3$

- Nature news: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02083-2__;!!Mih3wA!ClYiCe1mbwRknUZCwHP9I_UZHhcE7qjjZudM3JMUpHuPoMWt8xWn8m5rLPVAVSbD-h7IDHYxakkqySyIWjBPUrjy$

- IUCr J guest editorial about the potential impact of all this on structural
biologists (shameless plug): https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.iucr.org/m/issues/2022/04/00/me6185/index.html__;!!Mih3wA!ClYiCe1mbwRknUZCwHP9I_UZHhcE7qjjZudM3JMUpHuPoMWt8xWn8m5rLPVAVSbD-h7IDHYxakkqySyIWhxc-yH8$

Best wishes,

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
Head of Molecular and  Cellular Structure
gerard at ebi.ac.uk pdbe.org emdb-empiar.org
PA: Roisin Dunlop    pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk