[3dem] Summer internships at Biogen

Claire Metrick claire.metrick at biogen.com
Mon Jan 10 14:06:57 PST 2022

Hi all,

We are looking for three interns to join the Physical Biochemistry group at Biogen this summer including one focusing on crystallography and/or cryo-EM. Please see below and share with any star students who might want some hands-on time with our crystallography suite or vitrobot and Glacios this summer.

Thanks!
Claire

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.smartrecruiters.com_Biogen_743999797458287-2Dintern-2Dphysical-2Dbiochemistry&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Vl5QwY2oeYe7EYdabSysfZQswf1OeS-5gMmucX8NnXlw8GobDrvs4vTKKQMHQVB4&s=PeG9hQCvDkL8wwYIuw_i3lcjGhv4R5tTuY5bKjDMhmM&e=
This application is for a full-time internship role from June - August 2022. Resume review begins in January 2022.
We are looking for highly motivated students to join our Physical Biochemistry group within the department of Biotherapeutic and Medicinal Sciences at Biogen for a summer internship. The successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced and innovative environment actively pursuing unmet medical needs in the neuroscience space.
When you submit your resume, you may be considered for one of the following intern positions:

  *   Protein Purification: The candidate will express and purify recombinant target proteins and biophysically characterize them.
  *   NMR screening: The candidate will work with other NMR scientists in hit finding and characterize small molecule complexes with nucleic acids and proteins using NMR.
  *   Structural biology: Depending on interest and experience, the candidate will work on all steps of the structural biology pipeline, from protein expression and purification to structural characterization via crystallography and/or cryo-EM (both on site) and map and model building, refinement, and analysis.

Claire Marie Metrick, Ph.D.
Scientist II, Physical Biochemistry
Biogen | 225 Binney Street | Cambridge, MA | 02142
Email: claire.metrick at biogen.com<mailto:claire.metrick at biogen.com> | Direct: 617.679.6444
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biogen.com&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Vl5QwY2oeYe7EYdabSysfZQswf1OeS-5gMmucX8NnXlw8GobDrvs4vTKKQMHQVB4&s=iZYAT_AKhI2xaoA1ZZm8peHRfOUZJVVG3meVYGkSHn8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biogen.com_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Vl5QwY2oeYe7EYdabSysfZQswf1OeS-5gMmucX8NnXlw8GobDrvs4vTKKQMHQVB4&s=G3J-LTNv_p0BRB1WcPB6psCsjPtsPSM9KyDxJdgrt2M&e= >

[cid:image001.png at 01D80644.78D46D80]