[3dem] 'easy' (re)calibration of pixelsize?

Tobias Furstenhaupt furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Jan 3 06:54:09 PST 2022

Dear colleagues,

I would like to check/correct the pixelsize on our TEMs and am open for suggestions to make my life as easy as possible.
For low mags I have the venerable crossgrating with a spacing of 463nm. My plan is to take images and use the cross-correlation function from DigitalMigrograph (DM) to get a precise spacing in pixels.
For high and ultra-high mags I have the MAG*I*CAL that offers calibrated distances in the range of 10nm/100nm/1000nm/4um. Plan is to use Fiji or DM and do manual mesurements.

Does anybody have better suggestions, procedures or calibration standards that work well?

thanks alot in advance :)
Tobias

Tobias Fürstenhaupt, PhD
head of Electron Microscopy
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 Dresden, Germany

mail: furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
phone: (+49) (0)351 210-2690