[3dem] [EXTERNAL] Re: Elsa 698 : best-practice bake-out procedure

Tom Schmelzer tom at tgstechnologies.net
Tue Aug 30 13:00:11 PDT 2022

Hi Tim,

I agree 100% with Dennis.

Basically, baking any Gatan cryo holder, e.g., 626, 636, Elsa 698 above 100°C, i.e., 150°C, could mean expensive repairs for the holder. There are components soldered to the internal thermal conductor that are likely to be damaged if the holder is baked at elevated temperatures(above 100°C).

I would stick with the 100°C bake out temperature, unless of course the Elsa’s user’s manual specifies otherwise.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Tom

Tom Schmelzer