[3dem] PhD position @ Institut Pasteur (Paris) to work in structural virology

Pablo Guardado Calvo pablo.guardado at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:03:57 PDT 2022

*PhD position in Structural Virology (cryoEM/X-ray crystallography) *

Dear all,

We are looking for a PhD student to join my new research group based at the
Institut Pasteur (Paris). The position is funded by the French National
Agency (ANR) for 3 years and is available from 1st October 2022 until we
find the right person. The successful applicant will undertake the
structural characterisation of protein complexes involved in virus entry*.
The position will suit someone with an interest in virology and structural
biology.

Our research facilities include modern laboratories and access to
state-of-the-art equipment including Titan Krios and Glacios electron
microscopes for single particle EM, a crystallisation robot and frequent
beamtime  at the Soleil (Paris) and ESRF (Grenoble) synchrotrons for X-ray
crystallography.

Application deadline: 1st October

Interested students should send me a CV and a motivation letter at
guardado at pasteur.fr.

Please feel free to contact me directly for more information

Pablo Guardado-Calvo, PhD

* For exemplary publications see Cell (2020, PMID 32937107), Science (2017,
PMID 29097548), or Plos Path (2016, PMID 27783711).