[3dem] Postdoc position at Institut Curie, Paris, and Leibniz FMP, Berlin

Roderer, Daniel Roderer at fmp-berlin.de
Mon Apr 25 03:45:55 PDT 2022

Dear all,
one Postdoc position in Cryo-EM and single particle analysis of membrane proteins is available in a collaborative research project between Institut Curie, Paris (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__institut-2Dcurie.org_team_johannes&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=iRujerVCiwurl-QV79DOyD40NYkGdimvB1bn9YrF7u9hq3qdj_so6P__ur4xB3-9&s=Rq85nlm7j_PwYFZ3VePOQ6yHLxIXCwCnQwEm7QvCvgQ&e= ), and the Leibniz Institute of Molecular Pharmacology (FMP), Berlin (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.leibniz-2Dfmp.de_roderer&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=iRujerVCiwurl-QV79DOyD40NYkGdimvB1bn9YrF7u9hq3qdj_so6P__ur4xB3-9&s=Rb9SHGBBjvJqVamYR41_Z8yw0kECeM2peoSCNzp_gss&e= ). In our program, we study how glycan-binding proteins are restructured by their interaction with transmembrane glycoproteins, and how this in turn leads to the reorganization of membrane domains in relation to the construction of endocytic sites. The focus of the proposed postdoctoral project is the high-resolution structural analysis of complexes of glycan-binding proteins with physiologically glycosylated receptors and membrane-embedded glycosylated lipids.
We are looking for ambitious, highly motivated and talented individual with the wish to excel in science. Candidates should have an excellent PhD in natural sciences and strong background in structural biology, especially cryo-EM and single particle analysis. Furthermore, strong written and oral communication skills in English and mobility to move between our research sites in France and Germany are required.
The position will offer the unique possibility to be part of two vibrant, interdisciplinary, diverse and exciting scientific communities at Institute Curie (Paris, France) and Leibniz FMP (Berlin, Germany).  We offer an extensive range of resources and benefits, such as:

  *   High-priority access to state-of-the art research facilities, in particular a modern Cryo-EM facility with a Titan Krios equipped with a K3 camera and an energy filter
  *   Fully equipped cellular and chemical biology environment with biochemistry facilities for membrane protein purification, reconstitution and functional  characterization
  *   European Union level post-doc salary with full benefits (including mutual health fund).
The position is available immediately and initially limited to two years, with the possibility for extension.
Are you interested? For further information, please see here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__institut-2Dcurie.org_offre-2Demploi_postdoctoral-2Dposition-2Dcryo-2Delectron-2Dmicroscopy-2Dmembrane-2Dproteins-2Dmf&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=iRujerVCiwurl-QV79DOyD40NYkGdimvB1bn9YrF7u9hq3qdj_so6P__ur4xB3-9&s=Nn_Krt2N_QrUpNAuhpsBwBpCo65qQw-JfbxshW2YJ_E&e= . Please send your full application package (motivation letter, CV, 1 page statement of research experience and interests, PhD, MSc and BSc certificates, contact details of two referees) until May 15th, 2022, to Dr. Ludger Johannes, Institut Curie (ludger.johannes at curie.fr) and Dr. Daniel Roderer, Leibniz FMP (roderer at fmp-berlin.de).

Best regards,
Daniel Roderer

Dr. Daniel Roderer
FMP Berlin