[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Seminar - May 2, 2022

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 21 10:30:16 PDT 2022

We are pleased to invite you to our May 2022 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, May 2, 2022, 8:00-9:30 AM (Pacific Time).

SPEAKERS:

Dr. Christopher Russo, Group Leader of Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Medical Research Council, Cambridge, UK

Talk Title: Molecular Structure Determination Extrapolated to Zero Dose with an Electron Cryomicroscope

Bio: Dr. Christopher Russo is a group leader at Laboratory of Molecular Biology's Structural Studies Division, Medical Research Council, Cambridge, UK. His group works on developing new instruments and methods for imaging biological molecules, with the aim of improving cryo-preparation and imaging to the point where the electron microscope can be used to image the atomic resolution structure of all purified macromolecular complexes and the sub-nanometer resolution structure of any biological specimen. He was awarded the Microscopy Society of America Burton Medal for 2017.

Prof. Peter A. Crozier, Professor at Arizona State University, AZ, US

Talk Title: Fluxionality and Functionality: Relating Atomic-level Temporal Dynamics to Materials Properties

Bio: Dr. Peter A. Crozier is a Professor of Materials and is Chair of the Materials Graduate Program at Arizona State University. He develops and applies advanced in situ transmission electron microscopy techniques to problems related to energy and the environment with special emphasis on electroceramics and catalytic materials. He is currently serving as Past President of the Microscopy Society of America.

Please register soon at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stanford.zoom.us_webinar_register_WN-5FKsOB-5FhzoTSyu-5F5z-2DXedtzQ&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=wiLQmfTsNUeT-Q7NX-rE5Jb1gAfNgV6BQLdJL__U6Zxi24rV3O718VQGnEJgmy1V&s=pkTd82ZMhQclwp2WzmbyPldkyZnvdiYa7yvHdbLkuU0&e=  and visit our official website at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__emx.stanford.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=wiLQmfTsNUeT-Q7NX-rE5Jb1gAfNgV6BQLdJL__U6Zxi24rV3O718VQGnEJgmy1V&s=z7eu0H2I5IGj6PA2Bm0LiMqn9s7VM3Dicf3GtG14jt8&e= .

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Best,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Stanford University