[3dem] Tomography Group Leader position at the Basque Center for Biophysics (Bilbao, Spain)

daniel castano daniel.castano at csic.es
Wed Apr 13 03:46:37 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

The Basque Center for Biophysics (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biofisika.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=N9LvrMqqnTYRDSgvEAf8mXexdaKYj1QsaViEjdgt0_7oBWSpEwLd7mbinTvuvN65&s=lKG-MlIqQIoYjDyaKQ_GExurkq6v6iD8-sne8dJQI88&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biofisika.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=N9LvrMqqnTYRDSgvEAf8mXexdaKYj1QsaViEjdgt0_7oBWSpEwLd7mbinTvuvN65&s=FoLiMh7k22xSybKNiO1ahCUKK3IoDlr2NhRCtoUMR3A&e= >) will soon open a Group Leader position in cryo-electron tomography, oriented to a senior experimental scientist. The center has an excellent cryo-EM platform equipped with a ThermoFisher Krios G4 paired with Gatan´s BioContinuum Imaging Filter and a K3 direct electron detector, as well as a phase plate, a Falcon III direct electron detector and Ceta-D CMOS camera also from ThermoFisher. The facility also has specimen preparation equipment, including a high-pressure freezer, and computational resources for image processing and 3D reconstruction. We also have highly-qualified staff to operate the facility and assist users with all major cryo-EM techniques available for structural biology.

Candidates need to have a solid track record in cellular and structural biology; the successful candidate will be expected to develop an innovative research program addressing fundamental biological problems by means of cryo-electron tomography in a multidisciplinary approach. The successful applicant will benefit from a highly collaborative and vibrant scientific environment within the Basque Center for Biophysics and its partner institutions in the Basque region.

 This is a permanent position with the Spanish Research Council (CSIC); a formal application will thus require the applicant to homologate their PhD degree with the Spanish system. Please contact me if you are interested in more details about the position and the center.

 Best,

Daniel

--
Daniel Castaño Díez