[3dem] ISTA - Open position: Advanced Electron Microscopy

Ludek LOVICAR ludek.lovicar at ist.ac.at
Tue Apr 12 04:08:36 PDT 2022

Advanced Electron Microscopy
Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria

The Electron Microscopy facility supports the vibrant international scientific community at the institute, with state-of-the-art EM infrastructure. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated person who will support EM facility users in this challenging environment. We welcome flexible and reliable team players who are interested in working in an international setting within a diverse and dynamic working atmosphere.

Responsibilities
-          Biological sample preparation for electron microscopy
-          Support and training of users in the field of sample preparation techniques, microscopy imaging and image analysis
-          Care of the Electron Microscopy facility equipment - conduct operational maintenance of sample preparation equipment and alignment of electron microscopes

Candidate profile
-          Experience with biological sample preparation for electron microscopy observation
-          Work experience in the field of electron microscopy
-          Work experience in a research environment in the field of natural sciences (biology, chemistry)
-          Ability to work independently and team-oriented
-          High degree of reliability, organizational and interpersonal skills
-          Very good knowledge in English

To submit your application, please e-mail to: recruiting at ist.ac.at<mailto:recruiting at ist.ac.at>