[3dem] postdoc opportunity at UCL London

Giulia Zanetti (Staff) g.zanetti at bbk.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 08:03:38 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,
please find below details for a postdoc position in the Thalassinos lab at UCL.
Best
Giulia

Post doctoral researcher in Structural Biology (CryoEM/MS) - DNA Repair and Huntington's disease.

We seek to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to the research team led by Prof Konstantinos Thalassinos (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk_-7Eucbtkth_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=HKcQosCXSmu4Y06jcQxjEDiuHr-GP47mJDYBIpwBkyKFXfb9Ft6gns4U6FwLuj5W&s=gnUKdcDQQep-5Ztq6Iub10O5bnfNe3UVcgK8YXh-Fck&e= ), based at University College London. The position is funded by the CHDI Foundation (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__chdifoundation.org&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=HKcQosCXSmu4Y06jcQxjEDiuHr-GP47mJDYBIpwBkyKFXfb9Ft6gns4U6FwLuj5W&s=7h7gCgMoY0I3r6wf0KiVZ4NOJFWFEf604-RaMEkiTco&e= ) for 3 years and is available from 1st May 2022. The successful applicant will undertake the structural characterisation of protein complexes involved in DNA repair. This project follows on from our recently published work (Goold et al., 2021) where we identified new protein interactions important for modulating CAG repeat expansion, a key driver of HD pathogenesis. The position will suit someone with an interest in DNA repair, Huntington's disease, Cryo-electron microscopy and Structural Mass Spectrometry.

You should have a PhD in Structural Biology or a related discipline, with significant experience in single-particle cryoEM, and computational image analysis, data collection and processing, and a strong background in structural biology. Training in structural mass spectrometry approaches will be provided.

The advert for this post will appear on online soon but in the meantime email Prof. Thalassinos at k.thalassinos at ucl.ac.uk with any queries.