[3dem] your experiences with the Gatan Oneview?

Artemis Kosta akosta at imm.cnrs.fr
Fri Apr 1 07:00:39 PDT 2022

Dear Tobias,
I have a OneView camera and I bought a 3 year contract extension with
the camera, but I am not planning to renew it.
However, we had one main serious problem: the controller would loose
connection with the camera for no obvious reason and we had to restart
it continuously (the controller).
After spending a lot of time on the electrical ground of the camera, it
seems that the problem was some interference from the network cable and
after plugging the network cable indirectly to the network (with a
switch), it improved a lot.
 From time to time, when the real time antivirus from the Gatan server
station activates itself, the controller looses the connection also. But
just deactivating the antivirus and restarting the Digital Micrograph
seems enough..Most of the times...

Once in 3 year we had to replace a part of the controller...
I am not planning to renew the contract neither, but pay as you go in
the future...

Best regards
Artemis

Le 30/03/2022 à 15:33, Tobias Furstenhaupt a écrit :
> Dear colleagues
>
> we have bought a new Gatan OneView that works fine and suits perfectly the scientific needs. But it will come out of warrenty soon and I am wondering if a service contract would be necessary.
> Therefore I was wondering what the experiences 'in the field' are: Do you have a maintenance contract and what problems did you have so far?
> Our worst problems so far were failing communications and this could be fixed by a simple restart of the controller...
>
> cheers
> Tobias
>

> -----------------------------------
> Tobias Fürstenhaupt, PhD
> head of Electron Microscopy
> Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
> Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
> 01307 Dresden, Germany
>
> mail: furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
> phone: (+49) (0)351 210-2690
> cell: (+49) (0)176 / 44498706 (NEW!)

Artemis Kosta
Service de microscopie
FR3479 Institut de Microbiologie de la Méditerranée
Aix Marseille Université
31 chemin Joseph Aiguier, Bat N
CS 70071 - 13402 Marseille cedex 09
France
akosta at imm.cnrs.fr
0033 491 164055
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imm.cnrs.fr_microscopie_&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=0Jwk5zSuBr6jDSvobOs97c4koMsd-g7UYqQ1seJ-PbymWkHP195VnVR20-4zp3OM&s=69WQBbQX1QN8vGlMz66y6nyXUEeUEciZgWKBHZovrIc&e=