[3dem] Error to run chimera remotely on a GPU computer from Mac computer

Zongli Li zongli.li at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:56:39 PDT 2021

Dear listers,

I ssh with "-Y"  from my Mac desktop to a GPU computer and process my data
there. Quite often I need to look at the 3D volumes with chimera. This had
been working nicely for long time. But all suddenly it stopped working and
game the error 3:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadCurrentWindow

  Major opcode of failed request:  149 (GLX)

  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)

  Serial number of failed request:  1400

Did anyone encounter the same error? Any suggestions or tips to overcome
this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zongli