[3dem] Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Biology at Yale, US

Yue Wang yuew2018 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:51:55 PDT 2021

*Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Biology*

Joint postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratories of *Dr. Yong
Xiong* and* Dr. Kai **Zhang* in the Department of Molecular Biophysics and
Biochemistry at Yale University. The Xiong and Zhang labs are investigating
host-viral interactions and intracellular transport of viruses using a
variety of techniques including X-ray
crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and cryo electron
tomography (cryo-ET), biochemistry, biophysics, and computational biology.
For more information, please visit: *https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__xiong.yale.edu&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=t8vRIGh1RPogKXjPFSPP4BSgpuTZJlPDQsrFtCmRiCo&s=HdNNuKJqhYdLaR7s61-x-Fkj2MqGkA2b4IkamYSSOGQ&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__xiong.yale.edu&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=t8vRIGh1RPogKXjPFSPP4BSgpuTZJlPDQsrFtCmRiCo&s=HdNNuKJqhYdLaR7s61-x-Fkj2MqGkA2b4IkamYSSOGQ&e= > and https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__medicine.yale.edu_profile_jack-5Fzhang&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=t8vRIGh1RPogKXjPFSPP4BSgpuTZJlPDQsrFtCmRiCo&s=DqXI2ry2i84kRtKqwRDmjlKWc3J_SC9yKh5grw22x_E&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__medicine.yale.edu_profile_jack-5Fzhang_&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=t8vRIGh1RPogKXjPFSPP4BSgpuTZJlPDQsrFtCmRiCo&s=nROkqjquDDwPFxYSxXWBdUsElac957wBraa28JzUgy0&e= >.*

The labs are part of the Center for Structural Biology at Yale, which has a
long tradition of research excellence and a stimulating environment from
world-renowned groups and exciting young investigators. Yale has
state-of-art cryo-EM facilities housing Titan Krios, Glacios and Talos
L120C microscopes, as well as Aquilos and Aquilos2 cryo-FIB systems. In
addition, a major new cryo-EM/cryo-ET facility with multiple additional
microscopes is being established in the newly constructed Yale Science
Building where the Xiong and Zhang labs are located.

The position will be fully funded by Yale University in accordance with NIH
guidelines. The candidate should have expertise or demonstrate strong
ability to learn cryo-EM/cryo-ET, and should be highly motivated for career
development in structural biology. Experience in molecular biology and
protein/nucleic acid biochemistry would be a plus.

Please send a CV, a one-page research experience summary and contact
information of three references to: *yong.xiong at yale.edu
<yong.xiong at yale.edu> *and *jack.zhang at yale.edu <jack.zhang at yale.edu>.*

*Yue Wang*

*Postdoctoral research associated*