[3dem] [External] Re: Membrane protein dissociating from nanodisc

Dykstra, Holly Holly.Dykstra at vai.org
Fri Oct 15 10:05:45 PDT 2021

Yes, we use a mix of lipids.

From: AMARSHI MUKHERJEE <amarshimukherjee at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 11:55 AM
To: Dykstra, Holly <Holly.Dykstra at vai.org>
Cc: 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Subject: [External] Re: [3dem] Membrane protein dissociating from nanodisc

Hi,

What is the lipid composition of the nanodiscs? If you are using a single lipid (such as PC only) the chance of incorporation of protein is low sometimes and may cause protein dissociation. if you use a mixture of lipids (such as PC/PS or PC/PE/PS) it may stabilize the protein in nanodiscs more than a single lipid nanodiscs.