[3dem] Membrane protein dissociating from nanodisc

Pradeep HN pradeep.hiriyur.nagaraj at bath.edu
Fri Oct 15 08:37:05 PDT 2021

Hi,

I assume that you are using one of the MSPs and lipid/lipid mixture! If
yes, is the molar ratio of the lipids you added is undersaturated?

Best,
Pradeep

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 at 15:13, Dykstra, Holly <Holly.Dykstra at vai.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am working on a single-TM membrane protein in nanodisc. Upon freezing
> grids, I am observing protein dissociation from the nanodisc. A small
> percentage of the total particle population is intact protein-nanodisc
> complex but most of the particles have dissociated. I believe this is
> happening at the point of freezing as negative stain shows the intact
> protein-nanodisc complex. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does
> anyone have any suggestions or advice?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Holly

Pradeep Hiriyur, | CEITEC MU

Jr. Staff Scientist | Structural Biology
tel: +420 549497827
e-mail: pradeep.nagaraj at ceitec.muni.cz
web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ceitec.cz&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=ZpFqa96piLX0n3ImOi1l0laeFI_SOIvIDBYCFwuo92c&s=kdkC8gKqiKL9p2DOLq-GiCIGMBzV4tDlGWG2Djzb1ME&e=

Masaryk University
Central European Institute of Technology
Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno
Kancelář E35/1S086

#CEITECScience

Email id: Pradeep.Nagaraj at ceitec.muni.cz