[3dem] liquid nitrogen supply lines

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:56:00 PDT 2021

Hi,

Does anyone have a good reason for not using copper pipes to supply liquid nitrogen to cryo-microscopes?

We are looking to move our liquid nitrogen tank further away from our Arctica.  We want to run an insulated line from the new location to where the tank stood and then use a flexible hose to connect from there to the instrument itself.  We can make this happen almost immediately if we use copper, but it will take months and months if we ask for stainless steel.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047E Simon Hall
             IU Bloomington
          812 856 1457 (office)
          812 856 3221 (3200)
      https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__iubemcenter.indiana.edu&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=y3e-gKgl_EXGzBPi-24C-DHZCbVgFBjtlKdlrH6oIlg&s=ELo_Jn6Csff19K4OwPtoT20mAk6BgYmwTjxaSNoTdn4&e=