[3dem] Senior Scientist, Structural Biology position at Sanofi US - Boston area

Kothe, Michael /US Michael.Kothe at sanofi.com
Fri Nov 12 06:37:50 PST 2021

We are seeking a Scientist to join our Boston-area structural biology group conducting drug design research in diverse therapeutic areas. Our group integrates with multidisciplinary project teams to accelerate drug discovery on innovative and challenging targets using x-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. To expand the latter, a state-of-the-art facility is under construction at our new 2022 Cambridge campus. The successful candidate will generate structure-grade protein, and use such protein for structural studies using cryo-EM or crystallography in order to drive drug-design workflows. Significant experience with single-particle cryo-EM data generation and processing is desired. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the Structural Biology, Biochemistry and Biophysics teams, as well as members of the therapeutic area groups, and must be an enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills and must bring curiosity and a desire to make an impact in the workplace.

Basic Qualifications:
PhD in Biochemistry or a related field (Biology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) and 3+ years of experience in protein expression, purification and cryo-EM studies, or BS degree and 8+ years of relevant experience.

Preferred Qualifications:
Extensive track record with purification and structure determination of challenging proteins, (e.g., membrane proteins, complexes, etc.) by cryo-EM or crystallography. Hands-on operation of high-end cryo-electron microscopes, extensive familiarity with EM data processing suites. Industrial experience.

If interested, please apply using this link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sanofi.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com_SanofiCareers_job_Waltham-2DMA_Senior-2DScientist-2D-2D-2DStructural-2DBiology-5FR2621212-2D1&d=DwIF-g&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=HkOF_AdoTdLQm1u49YuLibO3jTrJ9MZRHCcoBNDryZUYjey-CssSfhwQwrroch78&s=AtFjO5xRxEZ6TS4HvO5U-JgGrrzwRbpitS5qOgdwvkI&e=

Michael Kothe
Senior Principal Scientist
Structural Biology, Sanofi R&D
153 Second Avenue