[3dem] Postdoc Positions in Structural Biology at NICHD/NIH, Bethesda, USA

Matthies, Doreen (NIH/NICHD) [E] doreen.matthies at nih.gov
Tue May 11 09:34:20 PDT 2021

Dear 3dem community,

Several postdoctoral opportunities are available in the Unit on Structural Biology at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD/NIH). We seek highly motivated, talented and creative postdoctoral researchers interested in the structure and function of membrane protein complexes with a focus on the role of their lipid membrane environment. We encourage candidates with a variety of backgrounds including molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics and computational biology to apply. Methods in the lab include cloning, expression in bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells, sub-cellular fractionation, protein purification and characterization, negative staining electron microscopy (EM), cryo-EM and cryo-electron tomography (ET), image processing, molecular modelling, etc.
We have regular excess to a 300 kV Titan Krios equipped with a freshly upgraded GIF-K3, a 200 kV T20 equipped with a K2, a 200 kV Glacios will be installed later this year which will allow for faster cryo-EM screening and additional data collection, and a 120 kV T12. We have access to extensive computational resources including High-Performance Computing at NIH as well as a NICHD GPU cluster and individual GPU workstations. Our wet lab space is getting freshly renovated and our nearby window office spaces just got newly furnished.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in experimental and/or computational structural biology, have good communication skills, enjoy research and wanting to contribute to a positive collaborative environment.
To Apply:
An application package including a cover letter detailing the background of the applicant, goals and interests; CV and the contact information for three references should be submitted by e-mail to doreen.matthies at nih.gov<mailto:doreen.matthies at nih.gov>

---
Doreen Matthies
NIH/NICHD
Division of Basic and Translational Biophysics
Unit on Structural Biology
Building 29B
29 Lincoln Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892