[3dem] Job opening: Electron Microscopy Software Engineer

Alpesh Khushalchand Shukla akshukla at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 29 11:51:28 PDT 2021

Dear Moderator, I am reposting this email using the email which I used to register for the mailing list.
Thanks,

Alpesh

Hello all,

ZoNexus, a startup based in Berkeley/Richmond, California has an opening for an Electron Microscopy Software Engineer. Please find the job description below. We are also developing side-entry cryo holders for TEM and some tools for the SEM/FIB. Please let us know if you would like to discuss.
Sincerely,

Alpesh Khushalchand Shukla,
Founder, ZoNexus LLC
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.zonexus.com__;!!Mih3wA!Rxhy85T3TfwDyPrN7IgGWYAvch3jbmlsJgjUwGkdZ3NWLUm5Umo3AUQj_Vklhd2ozQ$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.zonexus.com/__;!!Mih3wA!Rxhy85T3TfwDyPrN7IgGWYAvch3jbmlsJgjUwGkdZ3NWLUm5Umo3AUQj_VlisNCLwA$ >

About ZoNexus LLC

ZoNexus is a startup company that makes tools for transmission electron microscopes (TEM), scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and other microscopy- and spectroscopy-related instruments. We are looking to hire a software engineer to develop TEM control software with a user-friendly GUI using Python.

Job Description:

Develop an open-source Python-based TEM control software for specimen manipulation, data acquisition, visualization and analysis.
Collaborate with scientists at National Center of Electron Microscopy, Berkeley Lab and other user facilities.
Perform testing of acquisition software and ZoNexus specimen holders on electron microscopes.

Required Qualifications:

Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a science or engineering field.
Strong background in using Python for instrument control, data analysis and visualization.
Experience with using transmission electron microscopes.
Familiarity with communication with cameras, scanning units, detectors and spectrometers.
Experience with different file formats for imaging and spectroscopy data (dm, ser, hyperspy, etc)

Other desired skills/experience

Familiarity with acquisition and analysis of 4DSTEM data.
Knowledge of crystallography.
Programming skills for motion control and knowledge of basic electronics.
Hands-on experience in assembly of electronic equipment (soldering, etc).
Experience in using or developing Nion Swift.

Location: Richmond and Berkeley, California

Note: This is a full-time, one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon job performance and availability of funds. Candidates should have authorization to work in the US. Recently graduated international students with optional practical training (OPT) may apply.

Contact: Please email jobs at zonexus.com <mailto:akshukla at zonexus.com> with an informal cover letter and a resume.