[3dem] Postdoc position - computational methods for cryoET

John Briggs jbriggs at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 09:21:31 PDT 2021

Postdoc position in computational methods for cryo-electron tomography and subtomogram averaging

Projects are available to develop a theoretical and practical framework to understand how to collect optimized cryo-electron tomography data and to further develop an image-processing toolbox for subtomogram averaging in collaboration with the group of Sjors Scheres. You should have a PhD in a relevant subject (physics, computational sciences, biophysics or similar) and a strong interest in the theory and methods of cryo-electron microscopy and image processing. Experience in computer programming is required.

>From September, we will be located at the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry in the Munich area. The institute is in a beautiful area, is vibrant and international, and has outstanding facilities for cryo-electron tomography and image processing.

More details here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.biochem.mpg.de_7765661_job-5Ffull-5Foffer-5F17089638&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=6qe9T6PSxQA1WJHoM6DlIiMDShJYQDnbiRka-kxbHFE&s=YMIkpsHkmiQxv5czIj0AKPDx0RPZUtlpADtaGir0r7w&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.biochem.mpg.de_7765661_job-5Ffull-5Foffer-5F17089638&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=6qe9T6PSxQA1WJHoM6DlIiMDShJYQDnbiRka-kxbHFE&s=YMIkpsHkmiQxv5czIj0AKPDx0RPZUtlpADtaGir0r7w&e= >