[3dem] Scientist I-Electron Microscopist position at NCI-NCEF

Thomas Joseph Edwards tjedwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:48:09 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

The National Cancer Institute's National Cryo-EM Facility (NCI-NCEF) is
currently looking for an electron microscopist to be compensated at the
Scientist I level. This is a full time position with good benefits.
NCI-NCEF is located in Frederick, MD, USA.

More on the NCI-NCEF mission below:

The Frederick National Laboratory houses advanced instrumentation for
cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to provide cancer researchers access to
the latest technology for high resolution imaging of macromolecular
assemblies.

Over the past decade, the field of cryo-EM has undergone a resolution
revolution. This revolution has been driven by several factors, including
advances in microscope and camera technology, as well as improved
computational methods for analyzing single particle/tomography cryo-EM
data. Access to the latest microscope and detector technologies, which can
be prohibitively expensive for many institutions, is critical for acquiring
the best quality data, and generating the highest resolution structures by
this method. The NCI has created a user facility, the National Cryo-EM
Facility to meet the needs of cancer researchers in academic labs by
providing free (no cost) access to state-of-the-art instrumentation for
electron microscopy. The facility currently houses two Titan Krios
microscopes equipped with BioQuantum energy filters and K3 direct
detectors.

If interested or know of someone who may be interested, please follow the
link below:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__leidosbiomed.csod.com_ats_careersite_jobdetails.aspx-3Fsite-3D4-26c-3Dleidosbiomed-26id-3D1934&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=U5ICu32kpJHt2KfRNHsT9ewjhsUhE41gD0omuh-2NoE&s=I7ZHzAOC4jOukrh4oXrvJekDJGHSYadQ_ljt9iIOLVQ&e=

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at
thomas.edwards2 at nih.gov about the position.

Best Regards,
Thomas

--

Thomas J. Edwards, PhD (Contractor)

Senior Microscopist

National Cryo-EM Facility

Cancer Research Technology Program

Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research

Leidos Biomedical Research Inc.

PO Box B Frederick, MD 21702

Phone: 301-846-6119
Email: thomas.edwards2 at nih.gov