[3dem] rusted cryo holder 626

Ariel Talavera ariel.talavera at ulb.be
Tue Jun 15 07:21:06 PDT 2021

Dear all,

After an overnight bake out of the Gatan cryo holder 626 in a Gatan
pumping station, the tip of the holder got completely rusted (attached
photo). I read a mail (of about 5 years ago) in this mailing list
talking about the same issue but I could not find a solution for it.
I would appreciate a lot if anyone has any suggestion, or procedure, to
clean (if possible) the holder and remove all this rust. Should I send
it to Gatan for them to clean it? Do you know if there is any other
company giving this kind maintenance service for the cryo holders?

Thanks a lot advance for help
Best regards,
Ariel--

Ariel TALAVERA PEREZ, PhD
Center for Microscopy and Molecular Imaging (CMMI)
Laboratory of Microscopy
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Rue Adrienne Bolland, 8
B-6041 Gosselies, Belgium