[3dem] cryo TEM holder for autogrids and ThermoFisher/FEI

Szymon W Manka s.manka at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 06:27:04 PDT 2021

Hi,

I can confirm that the Simple Origin holder works well for more than two
weeks - we've had it now for 6 months and are happy. We only find it hard
to adjust the z-height for the second grid slot (it works fine for the
first one). It may be related to the fact that the spring on the v-groove
seems too week (at least on our particular Talos 120C) to withstand the
weight of the holder dewar, especially when full, so I never fill it up to
the top, but also don't use it for data collection so don't need long hours
without refills.

Illuminated working area is nice on the transfer station.

Best wishes,
Szymon