[3dem] digital micrograph on linux

Tim Grüne tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Thu Dec 16 03:37:57 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

has anyone tried to run Gatan Digital micrograph on linux, e.g. with
wine, qemu, or virtualbox? We use it for very simple tasks to control
our CM200 (e.g. logging of the stage alpha angle), and it is cumbersome
to run it one from the Win XP PC, where DM is installed.

Alternatively, has anyone reverse engineered the signals for the serial
cable? As mentioned, we only need it to log the stage alpha angle, while
all other programs run on a linux box.

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
Tim

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A