[3dem] First Stanford Electron Microscopy-X Symposium, Nov. 2

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 27 13:33:17 PDT 2020

We are excited to announce the launching of the Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium series. The organizing co-chairs are Prof. Robert Sinclair, Wah Chiu, Jennifer Dionne and Yi Cui.  We would like to invite you to attend this exciting event.

Time: Nov. 2 (Monday), 8-9:30am Pacific time.

Speakers:
Professor Jacques Dubochet (2017 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
University of Lausanne
Talk title "A Nobel prize, how and what for?"

Professor Yi Cui (2017 Blavatnik Laureate in Physical Sciences and Engineering)
Stanford University
Talk title "Cryo and in-situ electron microscopy for clean energy"

Please register soon at:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-ELnXVi1S1qgE9PlaIGeDw__;!!Mih3wA!RmDZ9ngsLY0YiKwnvWzVFLm9OG0rfj_wh9Kqrdq_4C0kGoXpwa6yQ-3c-Ks-FaaoGQ$

The EM-X event is in on-line format. It will be delivered "Iive". Each presentation is 30 min plus 15 min Q&A, with a possible panel discussion at the end. We plan to hold this symposium series monthly. Each event will usually consist of two speakers (one in the biomedical area and the other in physical science and engineering). Here we use "X" to indicate the breadth of EM technique development and the many rich scientific problems EM can address. Due to the COVID-19 situation, we believe that it is timely to initiate such a symposium series to bring the global electron microscopy community together, to highlight exciting progress and to stimulate creative thinking for future developments. We invite attendees internationally from academia, national labs, industry, funding agencies and manufacturers.