[3dem] WARP machine

Dimitry Tegunov tegunov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:35:52 PDT 2020

Dear Kelly,

your UCSD colleague recently asked about a good configuration for a Krios
setup: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/g/warp-em/c/9ZJB1I3Hz-w__;!!Mih3wA!UoIvjNIn1vFZ2RwjydJFs2Cf8RR2oU0U4qe2--r-8rLxk91diWl1nIOKfVfNhxfcPA$

Depending on the throughput you expect from your Arctica and the sensor
size, you could go with the lower-end configuration, or the one I
suggested. In our lab all microscopes write to a central file server, which
the machines running Warp also can access to process the files as they
arrive. If you're working with compressed TIFFs, the throughput is not very
high, but I'd still recommend a 10 Gb network interface for all end points.
In this setup there are virtually no requirements for local storage on the
Warp machine.

Cheers,
Dimitry