[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM

Michael Landsberg m.landsberg at uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 6 18:28:23 PST 2020

Dear 3DEMers

I would like to bring to your attention the linked position for a postdoctoral researcher in cryo-EM that is currently open within my lab.  Please note that there is less than one week left to apply!

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.seek.com.au/job/50733325__;!!Mih3wA!TU53wvreagzWT_EUL53pYspQTXdJetOQdlyqdaNyatDe08fL0CYSX4_zCm_b0_mK7Q$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://search.jobs.uq.edu.au/caw/en/job/511561/postdoctoral-research-fellow__;!!Mih3wA!TU53wvreagzWT_EUL53pYspQTXdJetOQdlyqdaNyatDe08fL0CYSX4_zCm-JV2KdgA$

The successful candidate will work on a collaborative project involving our colleagues co-located in the Watterson lab at UQ. This project is primarily focused on understanding the structure of viral proteins that elicit immune responses in humans and mammals, and understanding the molecular basis of these responses by solving structures of viral protein-antibody complexes using cryo-EM.  The successful candidate would also have an opportunity to contribute to other projects within our teams, which cover a broad range of systems that are relevant to the study of microbial infection and associated disease.

Earlier this year, UQ opened its newly refurbished Cryo-EM facility within the Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cmm.centre.uq.edu.au/about/cmm-laboratories__;!!Mih3wA!TU53wvreagzWT_EUL53pYspQTXdJetOQdlyqdaNyatDe08fL0CYSX4_zCm9s5duA3w$ ).  The new facility includes a CryoARM 300 cold-FEG TEM fitted with a Gatan K3 imaging system, and a CryoARM 200 fitted with a K2 detector. Across the entire UQ campus, the Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis (which is a core facility available to all UQ researchers) houses >20 electron microscopes, along with ancillary equipment.

Both the Landsberg and Watterson labs are co-located within the School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences at the University of Queensland, where there are focused clusters of expertise in both virology and structural biology.  Our teams work across these clusters alongside colleagues with expertise in molecular virology, vaccine development, X-ray crystallography, computational chemistry and innate immunity. This is a dynamic, collaborative environment which the successful candidate would be expected to embrace and contribute to.  UQ is Queensland's largest University and a leading University within Australasia, and is frequently ranked amongst the top 50 Universities worldwide according to many international ranking criteria.

Interested applicants are welcome to contact me directly with any specific questions relating to the position or our group's research.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Landsberg
PhD, B.App.Sci.(Hons)
Group Leader | Associate Professor of Biophysics

School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia

T +61 7 3365 3756
E m.landsberg at uq.edu.au<mailto:m.landsberg at uq.edu.au> W staff.scmb.edu.au<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.uq.edu.au/__;!!Mih3wA!TU53wvreagzWT_EUL53pYspQTXdJetOQdlyqdaNyatDe08fL0CYSX4_zCm9_oG1E5A$ >/staff/michael-landsberg

CRICOS code: 00025B

Save the Date!
The 5th Prato Conference on Pore Forming Proteins and Toxins will be held in June 2021

The University of Queensland is embracing the Green Office philosophy. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This email (including any attached files) is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information of The University of Queensland. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, printing or photocopying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete and notify me. Unless explicitly stated, the opinions expressed in this email do not represent the official position of The University of Queensland.