[3dem] PhD position in electron cryotomography in the Beeby lab, Imperial College London

Morgan Beeby m.beeby at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 1 03:57:09 PDT 2020

I have a PhD position in my lab to start this October 2020! For this
position I’m specifically trying to widen participation and looking for
EU students or non-Russell group University UK students. Particularly
keen to get applications from underrepresented groups! Come join the
team, or spread the word! The project is to work on electron
cryotomography of bacterial flagellar motors.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly with any questions.
For candidates with a non-Russell group background Imperial is offering
an online Q&A session where we will provide advice and support for
application and interview process for a PhD position. Candidates should
contact Rozan Hamilton-Nixon (r.hamilton-nixon at imperial.ac.uk
<mailto:r.hamilton-nixon at imperial.ac.uk>) who will provide details on
how to access this session. For additional information on the general
support provided to PhD students at Imperial College and within the
Department of Life Sciences contact Rozan Hamilton-Nixon
(r.hamilton-nixon at imperial.ac.uk <mailto:r.hamilton-nixon at imperial.ac.uk>).
Funding and Eligibility: The studentships will cover UK/EU tuition fees
of £4,407pa and will provide an annual tax -free maintenance stipend of
£17,285, in 12 monthly instalments. Studentships are expected to last
for 36 months, subject to satisfactory progress.A BSc in biological, or
related, sciences is required at Upper Second Class level or better and
candidates with a Masters degree, in addition to the BSc, might be given
preference. Candidates must be either UK or EU nationals, resident in
the UK for at least 3 years prior to the commencement of the
studentships. Non UK/EU nationals are not eligible.

Link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.findaphd.com/phds/program/department-of-life-sciences-phd-studentships/?p4911__;!!Mih3wA!QF9XCazwnFh3G8weUMHIue8KqEY9bi_yHj3DjOZnMhXZZHU-3jkhHi8gzlOcKgHJIQ$

--
Mail
Dr Morgan Beeby

Office
+44 (0)20 7594 5251

Online
Schedule meeting <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://beebylab-morgan.appointlet.com/s/30-minute__;!!Mih3wA!QF9XCazwnFh3G8weUMHIue8KqEY9bi_yHj3DjOZnMhXZZHU-3jkhHi8gzlPyrCipEg$ > /
Website <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/m.beeby__;!!Mih3wA!QF9XCazwnFh3G8weUMHIue8KqEY9bi_yHj3DjOZnMhXZZHU-3jkhHi8gzlPJNFY8kA$ > / Twitter
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/beebylab__;!!Mih3wA!QF9XCazwnFh3G8weUMHIue8KqEY9bi_yHj3DjOZnMhXZZHU-3jkhHi8gzlMNUcURGA$ > / Zoom
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4568154564?pwd=MVFBWDhobVg4blBXR3Y5dGRkSnI2UT09__;!!Mih3wA!QF9XCazwnFh3G8weUMHIue8KqEY9bi_yHj3DjOZnMhXZZHU-3jkhHi8gzlOAuzo6JA$ >
/ Skype: morganbb1
Virtual office hours Monday 12pm - 2pm by Zoom