[3dem] Spots in micrographs

Bajaj Saumya (Dr) Saumya.Bajaj at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Mar 20 02:49:37 PDT 2020

Dear all,

We are trying to solve the structure of a membrane protein. We have recently started seeing black spots (~1nm) on our micrographs (image attached). The pattern is not uniform, as there are areas where there are no spots. We tried changing buffer and detergent stock - that did not help. The grids are commercial graphene oxide girds and our buffer contains 0.03% GDN detergent.

Have any of you noticed something similar, or can help throw some light on what it could be?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Saumya

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.