[3dem] postdoc opportunity: cryo-ET of virus infection in tissue (deadline 13 April)

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Sun Mar 15 05:50:27 PDT 2020

Dear all,
We have an open postdoctoral fellowship at Umeå University, Sweden.
Application deadline is 13 April.

In collaboration with the group of Niklas Arnberg, we are looking for a
creative, independent and microscopy-loving postdoc to perform
structural studies of virus infections in tissue models.

The Arnberg group has organoid models for both respiratory and
gastrointestinal virus infections, and in my group the postdoc will
apply our established workflow for FIB-milling and tomography of
high-pressure frozen samples.

Our groups are affiliated with the Nordic EMBL node MIMS (Molecular
Infection Medicine Sweden) and the Umeå Centre for Microbial Research,
providing a thriving local infection biology community. All cryo-EM
equipment (HPF, Scios, Titan Krios, etc) is available locally at our EM
facility UCEM.

The fellowship will be awarded in competition within the joint call of
the Integrated Structural Biology environment in Umeå. Details of the
application are here:
https://www.biostruct.umu.se/call-for-up-to-3-postdoctoral-fellowships-isb-postdoctoral-program-2020/

Get in touch if you have any questions. We look forward to your application!

Cheers,
Lars

PS (COVID-19-related): Interviews will be online and the starting date
can be flexible to accommodate to the situation. In our opinion, this is
a great time to start a postdoc in structural virology!

--
Lars-Anders Carlson
Assistant Professor