[3dem] Positions for postdoctoral researchers and for a cryoEM research scientist at ETH Zurich

Martin Pilhofer pilhofer at biol.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 13 09:39:17 PDT 2020

Positions for postdoctoral researchers and for a cryoEM research scientist at ETH Zurich

The Pilhofer Lab at ETH Zurich has openings in cryoEM-related positions. We investigate cell-cell interactions in an interdisciplinary approach, with cryo-electron tomography and single particle analysis as key-methods.
https://pilhoferlab.ethz.ch/publications.html <https://pilhoferlab.ethz.ch/publications.html>

*Postdoctoral researchers:
We offer exciting projects to highly motivated candidates with experience in any of the following areas: cryoEM, biochemistry, microbiology, cell biology, mass spectrometry, or computational biology.

*CryoEM research scientist:
We are seeking a PhD-level scientist with experience in cryoEM (tomography or single particle cryoEM). The scientist will support projects of lab members, train new lab members, develop methods, and possibly conduct independent research. The position is at first time-limited and can be converted into a time-unlimited contract at a later stage.

The Pilhofer Lab is embedded into a vibrant scientific environment at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics and the Department of Biology (https://biol.ethz.ch/en/the-department/organisation.html <https://biol.ethz.ch/en/the-department/organisation.html>). We have access to world-class imaging facilities, including two (soon three) Titan Krios, screening instruments, cryoFIB/SEMs (XB550 and Helios), cryoLMs, and advanced light microscopes.

Candidates for both types of positions are asked to please send their short motivation letter, CV and publication list by email to Martin Pilhofer. ETH Zurich is an equal opportunity employer and offers attractive salaries.

ETH Zurich
Martin Pilhofer
Institute of Molecular Biology & Biophysics
Department of Biology
HPK D11
Otto-Stern-Weg 5
8093 Zürich, Switzerland