[3dem] Autogrid Clipping Tool Service

Michael Godfrin mgodfrin at nanosoftmaterials.com
Tue Mar 10 12:08:24 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody,

We are now offering a new service for those of you who clip Autogrids for
the Krios or Arctica cryo-EMs.  Have you been loading your Clipping
Tool with a C-clip but the C-clip keeps flying out of the barrel of the
Tool?  Have you found that, even though you swear you clipped an Autogrid,
a grid falls out of the Autogrid ring and there isn't a C-clip there?

We have clear images
<https://www.nanosoftmaterials.com/clipping-tool-repair-service> that show
progressive damage builds up at the tip of the barrel of Clipping Tools
(where the C-clip is loaded and sits waiting to be clipped) as C-clips are
loaded and unloaded.  This damage can result in unreliable Clipping Tools,
and its removal out of the "rotation" in the workflow - which up to now has
necessitated purchase of a new $1,000 tool.  We are now offering a service
whereby we can reliably and control-ably refurbish the tip of the Clipping
Tool to like-new.   Our process is optimized such that the tip geometry
lies perpendicular to the Autogrid Ring (if it isn't C-clips won't be
ejected into the Autogrid ring appropriately).

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments,
Mike

*Michael Godfrin, PhD*
*President*

*NanoSoft*
1372 Main St.
Coventry, RI 02816
Cell: (401) 829-5527
www.nanosoftmaterials.com

The information in this email may be confidential. It is only for the
review of the sender and intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please inform the sender by email and destroy all copies of the