[3dem] magnification question

Zongli Li zongli.li at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:38:26 PDT 2020

Hi David Gene,

The magnifications reported by a Talos Arctica user interface should be "
mag on the viewing screen" if the viewing screen is inserted, and will
change to " mag on the CCD" when viewing screen is extracted. But as Sacha
pointed out, what matters is really the calibrated mag on the whatever
camera you have used for calibration and data collection, and this mag will
not show up in the user interface, but stored in the magnification table in
Gatan GMS if you are using Gatan CCD/K2/K3 camera.

Best,

Zongli