[3dem] Pre-Specimen Shutter

Yu, Xiaodi [JRDUS] XYu6 at its.jnj.com
Tue Jun 23 09:53:46 PDT 2020

Dear All:

I have a question about the Pre-Specimen Shutter in Glacios. As you can see from the attached image, with Column Valves open, it seems the beam is constantly shooting the Specimen even without camera acquisition. In the TUI, we have selected Pre-specimen, and in the TEM BlankerShutter Monitor, it shows the Gun Blanker (PreSpecimen Shutter) is “Not applicable”.  Is there any configuration or setting that can control the pre-specimen shutter to limit the preexposure of the specimen? Or I am misunderstanding something here. We use EPU and Falcon III for the data collection.

Many thanks,

Xiaodi Yu