[3dem] carbon coating devices

Dienemann, Christian christian.dienemann at mpibpc.mpg.de
Thu Jun 4 01:19:45 PDT 2020

Hi David,

We use the ACE600 (carbon thread configuration) routinely for making thin carbon support foils. It is super simple, works like a charm and gives very reproducible results (thickness, floatability, homogeneity etc.). Foils with 2-2.5 nm thickness are no problem.

As a facility manager, I also like to point out that I basically don't need to spend much time maintaining or trouble shooting the instrument (1 day per year maybe).

Best,
Chris

Dr. Christian Dienemann
Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Department of Molecular Biology / Cramer lab
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Göttingen, Germany
+49-551-201-2819