[3dem] carbon coating devices

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jun 3 23:11:59 PDT 2020

	>>> 03.06.2020 at 23:22:
> Does anyone have experience with the Leica ACE600 carbon coater/metal
sputter
> coater? I am very wary of buying a dual purpose device like this as our only

> way to make carbon films for TEM grids, but I may be being overly cautious.

> If anyone has thoughts or experiences, please let me know.

Hi David,
the three which I rank pretty high, right now:

- the carbon coater Cressington 208 carbon - which we use regularly, to our
great satisfaction (> 5 yrs)
- the Leica family of coaters ... incl the ACE 600: no doubt, that's a good
product.
- the Safematic products: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.safematic.ch__;!!Mih3wA!T2DucU82DUYhmdZ9P5jjoc8Y-9Qe9bTRKtpP9qms0OnQTiU-RrmZixXjTL3h2mINVw$  - from a colleague of mine, I know
that this also works fine. Modular. Still fairly new and neat design incl
clever ideas.
It also depends on the specific needs in your dept, for your applications.
and of course of the support / maintenance, and the distributor and price,
locally.
kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29
member of the IFSM board

Next microscopy conferences:
- cancelled: EMC2020 in Kopenhagen, 23.-28.8. 2020 (European conference)
- MC2021 in Vienna (D-A-CH conference)
- IMC20 in Busan, South Korea: Sept 25-30, 2022
- next Microbiol. conferences:  VAAM March 2021 Düsseldorf