[3dem] Ethane Condensation Dewar

Joshua Denson josh.denson2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:22:23 PST 2020

Hello 3DEM community,

Our lab is currently working to set-up a manual plunge freezing device as a
cost effective alternative to grid preparation using the Vitrobot. We are
currently working off of a design we found on Github out of Purdue
University (referenced here a few times) that seems reasonable for our
machine shop to manufacture.

The one thing we are having difficulty finding is some kind of a
stand-alone ethane condensation dewar. A temperature regulated device would
be nice, but something similar to what is used on the Vitrobot would also
work well.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to direct me to a place that I
could purchase one, or if there are any designs out there for getting one
made, that would also be great.

Best,
Joshua