[3dem] Insertion of Holder 626

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Feb 24 12:10:40 PST 2020

Terje
We also have suffered for years from vacuum breaks. We tried EVERYTHING. The most effective thing was to (believe it or  not) change the o-ring every single session.
Recently we understood this was due to the fibers and other "dirt"  that we observed on the o-rings every time we looked with the binocular after inserting and removing the holder from the microscopes, transfer stations or pumping station. We embarked on a “cleaning program” where we gently swab all the above mentioned devises. It’s now slowly getting better. We are still changing the o rings but we hope it will soon no longer be necessary, once all the "stuff"  that accumulated over the years is cleaned out from those places.
Sharon

Sent from my iPhone