[3dem] 3DEM GRC update - oversubscribed

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Feb 19 06:40:13 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,
 Hello 3DEM’ers

I would like to let you know that the 3DEM GRC has received up till now over 300 applications. I have worked very hard to balance all the factors (diversity in geographical location, affiliation, groups, seniority, gender, subject matter, etc etc).
I am very sorry if you find yourself on the waiting list. You are in good company, with way over 100 other very qualified people.  If you have not applied yet, you can still do so, but will be automatically waitlisted.  If people who have been accepted cannot make it, I will replace them with people on the waiting list.

So when applications start up again next year, my recommendation is to register early (at least by the end of January), and please do invest effort in describing your relevant activities, and give a title and abstract. For junior members, please always state who is your advisor. This will help the next chairman immensely.

Best wishes,
Sharon
---------------------------------------
Dr. Sharon Grayer Wolf
Golde and Shimon Picker Research Fellow Chair in Electron Microscopy
Head, Electron Microscopy Unit
Weizmann Institute of Science
234 Herzl St., Rehovot 76100
Israel