[3dem] [ccp4bb] FW: [ccp4bb] Which resolution?

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 18 02:59:41 PST 2020

Dear John,

I really like your lecture notes! My Imperial/Leiden lecture notes –
currently being updated – look a lot like yours. The earlier version:

(https://www.single-particles.org/methodology/MvH_Phase_Contrast.pdf)

And you are fully correct: “resolution of cryoEM imaging varies locally”!

That is exactly the point!

The existing cryo-EM dogmas, however,  PREVENT you from doing things right,
which seriously hampers progress (see our BioRxiv paper:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/224402v1 ).

Cheers,

Marin