[3dem] [ccpem] Which resolution?

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:55:40 PST 2020

Dear Teige,

Many questions at once!  This requires a salami-slice piece-wise response,
which is why I had started my #WhyOWhy series to clarify such topics
separately!
The issue of the Abbe resolution criterion that some people believe is the
non-plus-ultra in resolution assessment
(because-they-learned-that-in-school), is discussed in my tweet #WhyOWhy
#10 (@marin_van_heel): The Instrumental versus the Results Resolution. The
Abbe resolution is the instrumental resolution that you can only achieve if
you: a) dont forget to switch on the illumination, and you....  (see:
#WhyOWhy #10 ).

More later (if time permits)

Two more cents by

Marin