[3dem] Autopick in relion 3.06 using 3D reference

Raja Dey rddey80 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 07:39:34 PST 2020

Dear Members,
I am trying to pick particles using a 3D reference created from a published
pdb file. I followed these steps to create the reference.
1. used chimera to create a 15A mrc file from the pdb file.
2. used relion image handler to change the pixel size (equal to the
micrographs) and box size (approximately double the particle size).
3. So far, no particle has been picked up after multiple trials
4. Then I ran the same job as a control on tutorial data of beta
galatosidase and unfortunately no success.

Don't know what I am missing. If anyone got success and have experience on
running autopicking job in relion3 using 3D reference, sharing your
knowledge would be very helpful.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Raj