[3dem] Professor Alexander S. SPIRIN passed away

Frank, Joachim jf2192 at cumc.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 30 06:31:18 PST 2020

I received these sad news just now.  Alexander Spirin was an early pioneer of ribosome research, with many profound contributions -- Joachim

"It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of Professor Alexander S. SPIRIN. He passed away this morning at the age of 89. Prominent scientist, he organized the Institute of Protein Research of Russian Academy of Sciences and was its first Director. We all in the Institute mourn his passing."

V.A. Kolb,
Director of the Institute of Protein Research

kolb at vega.protres.ru