[3dem] -|EXT|- Re: Workflow for TEM volumes containing noise in Amira?

HUGHES Louise Louise.HUGHES at oxinst.com
Tue Apr 28 08:39:23 PDT 2020

Hi Charlotte,

I would also recommend IMOD’s filters. I found the median filter to be very useful in reducing noise and enhancing contrast in tomograms. As Pranav has indicated, you can try different settings to evaluate of them is best and you apply them using the clip function.

Amira also has some filters such as a gaussian filter that you can apply to the data.

Good luck!

Louise