[3dem] Biophysical Society Meeting Abstract Deadline OCTOBER 1st

Villa, Elizabeth evilla at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 27 13:33:10 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The abstract deadline for the Biophysical Society Annual Meeting is approaching!  The meeting will take place in San Diego on February 15-19, 2020.

We will have a subgroup meeting on Saturday the 15th, 6-10 pm.   Please join us if you are attending the meeting.  We have a fantastic lineup of speakers covering a broad range from junior to established speakers, and from method development to impressive applications.   We will hear from David DeRosier (Brandeis), Arne Moeller (MPI Biophysics), Ariane Briegel  (Leiden), Vignesh Kasinath (UC Berkeley),  Kanika Khanna (UCSD), Juergen Plitzko (MPI Biochemistry), Bridget Carragher (NYSBC),  Christopher Barnes (Caltech), and Niko Grigorieff.

Additionally, we will select 1-2 talks from the abstracts.  Please make sure to select cryo-EM as one of the categories for your abstract, preferably the first one.   The Biophysical Society Meeting is a wonderful location for cryo-EM: a combination of fantastic biophysicists developing methods, and also interested in particular structure and mechanism of various biomolecules and their interactions spanning multiple scales.  If we have enough abstracts, we will ensure at least one platform session besides the subgroup meeting.

We hope that we will see you in San Diego in February. Come for the cryo-EM, stay for the sun and beaches in the middle of February!

Submit your abstracts here<https://www.biophysics.org/2020meeting/abstracts/submit-manage-abstract>.  The deadline to apply for a travel award <https://www.biophysics.org/2020meeting/awards-competitions/travel-awards>  is October 3rd.

Best regards,
Liz Kellog, Melanie Ohi, Rebeca Voorhes, and Elizabeth Villa

—
Elizabeth Villa
Division of Biological Sciences
University of California San Diego