[3dem] Post-doctoral position on microtubule structure

Denis Chrétien denis.chretien at univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Sep 2 07:33:55 PDT 2019

Dear all,
A post-doctoral position is open our laboratory (https://igdr.univ-rennes1.fr/en/research/research-groups/denis-chretien-group) to study the mechanisms of microtubule assembly and the formation of dislocations into their wall. We host a Tecnai 200 kV G2 Sphera, a Leica EM-GP and multi-GPU computers equipped with 3D reconstruction software. High resolution data will be taken on high-end microscopes equipped with direct-electron detector cameras. Prior experience in cryo-EM and 3D reconstructions is desirable.
To apply, please use the following link: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR6290-DENCHR-001/Default.aspx?lang=EN
Related publications:
EB1 interacts with outwardly curved and straight regions of the microtubule lattice
Guesdon A, Bazile F, Buey RM, Mohan R, Monier S, Rodríguez García R, Angevin M, Heichette C, Wieneke R, Tampé R, Duchesne L, Akhmanova A, Steinmetz MO, Chrétien D.
Nat Cell Biol. 2016 Sep <http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncb3412>.
Lattice defects induce microtubule self-renewal
Schaedel L., Triclin S., Chrétien D., Abrieu A., Aumeier C., Gaillard J., Blanchoin L., Théry M., John K.
Nature Physics, 2019, Jan. <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41567-019-0542-4%22%20%5Ct%20%22_blank>

Denis Chrétien
Université de Rennes 1
UMR 6290, équipe TIPs