[3dem] Jeol F200 warranty

Indrajit Lahiri ilahiri1986 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 23:39:09 PDT 2019

Hello

At our institute we are trying to set up a Jeol F200 microscope with a
Gatan OneView camera for cryo-EM screening purposes. For automated data
collection we wanted to install SerialEM. However, when I contacted Jeol
India to discuss the issue they mentioned that if we use SerialEM then they
will void the warranty on the microscope. Have any of you been told from
Jeol that using SerialEM (or any other third party data collection
software) will result in the warranty getting voided? Any help or
suggestion in this regard will really help us a lot.

Thanks,

Indrajit
Indrajit Lahiri, PhD
Assistant Professor